Plant Health Australia is the national coordinator of the government-industry partnership for plant biosecurity in Australia.
The purpose of PHA is for government and industry to have a strong biosecurity partnership that minimises pest impacts on Australia, enhances market access and contributes to industry and community sustainability.
We aim to:
- minimise plant pest impacts
- enhance Australia’s plant health status
- assist trade of Australia’s produce
- safeguard the livelihood of producers
- support the future of Australia’s plant industries and communities
- preserve Australia’s environmental health and amenity.
PHA was established in 2000 as a not-for-profit company, to service its members. The company has a national office located in Canberra and is run by a team of specialist staff and a skills-based Board.
PHA has a proud history of achievement in brokering agreements that have resulted in Australia’s enviable pest-free status. We have led the development of tools, information and networks that have reduced the threat and potential impact posed by emergency plant pests.