APPD legal notice and disclaimer
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING LEGAL NOTICE CAREFULLY.
Use of the Australian Plant Pest Database and information from this section of the PHA web site is subject to the following legal notice and disclaimer.
By using the Australian Plant Pest Database, you signify you have read and accepted the following legal notice.
1. This site is operated by Plant Health Australia (PHA) and other data providers, including:
- Adelaide University
- BSES Ltd
- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) – Division of Entomology
- Department of Agriculture and Food (Western Australia)
- Department of Regional Development, Primary Industry, Fisheries and Resources (Northern Territory)
- Department of Conservation and Land Management (Western Australia)
- Department of Primary Industries (Victoria)
- Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation (Queensland)
- Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment (Tasmania)
- Forestry Tasmania
- Department of Industry and Investment (New South Wales)
- South Australian Research and Development Institute
- State Forests of New South Wales
- University of Queensland
hereafter referred to as the Participants.
Intellectual Property Laws Protect this Site
2. Copyright in the material available at this site is owned by the Participants and/or third parties and the material must not be reproduced, stored, transmitted or distributed without the written consent of the copyright owners except:
- You may make temporary copies of the material necessary to browse this site on screen; and
- You may download or print a single copy for research or personal use provided you do not change any material and keep intact all accompanying copyright and other proprietary notices.
3. Trademarks used on this site to describe the Participants and their products are trademarks of those Participants or the registered proprietor of the trademark.
Information is provided ‘as is’
4. The information on this website is provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Participants expressly exclude all terms and warranties expressed or implied by legislation, the common law, equity, trade, custom or usage including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
No responsibility accepted for links
Disclaimer and limited liability
6. The Participants do not warrant or make representations about any of the following:
- unintercepted or error free transmissions to and from this site;
- the accuracy, currency, reliability or integrity of materials on this site or the sites of third parties;
- the security of your computer accessing this site;
- uptime and security of this site or any linked site.
7. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Participants exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
Information and privacy statement
8. When visiting this site, a record of your visit is logged and the following information supplied by your browser is recorded:
- the user’s internet address
- the user’s operating system (for example Windows, Mac etc)
- the date and time of the visit to the site
- the pages accessed and the documents downloaded, and
- the type of browser used.
A record of usernames and APPD queries is also generated by the APPD software.
9. The information supplied by your browser may be used for analysing usage and for monitoring or investigating security breaches
10. The information supplied by your browser will not be added to a mailing list, nor will it be disclosed without your consent except where PHA may be required by law to disclose certain information.
11. We will, at your request, provide you with access to any information which we have collected about you through this website in accordance with Information Privacy Principle 6, Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Please contact the PHA webmaster with any requests concerning information collection.
In referencing this data, the preferred citation is ‘Plant Health Australia (2001) Australian Plant Pest Database, online database, accessed [insert date]’.